Livewires vs ES7????
Jun 6, 2007 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ZackP

500+ Head-Fier
can I get any help, this is purely on sound quality, and ease of use. So far I am leaning towards the livewires, but what would you guys do. thanks for the help. I will be using them with a zune, and a C & C XO amp. My favorite music is death and thrash metal

Jun 6, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 9
the ES7 is great for rock and metal coz of full smooth sound and bigggg deeeep slaming bass. its got very good resolution without being at all bright or sibilant. great choice for your genre IMO. livewires unfortunetly i havnt had the opportunity to listen but one important factor to consider. the livewires being customs have virtually no resale value so do take that into your equation. that said, i've no doubt the livewires are good cans. goodluck!

O and FWIW, the ES7 sounds great ampless juz offa zune headout. gets to headripping vol easily.

Jun 6, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 9
i have some es7s, they are very efficient and play louder than my sr225 at the same setting so unamped they should be plenty loud.

Howzit you are comparing es7 closed cans @ $100 to livewires that are IEMs @ $249?
blink.gif

But i haven't owned them long enough to say it makes much of a difference amped or not.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #6 of 9
Jun 7, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #7 of 9
IMO the ES7 scales well with good amping. a bright airy oriented amp would balance out the bassy nature of the ES7. i like the what the GV6 (AD8620) does with my ES7. plus the fact that its relatively cheap ($95) makes it the icing on the cake. go fer it!

Jun 10, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Please keep us informed about your experience! I'm THIS close to buying some as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back