Livewires VS ER-4 custom sleeve
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

peanutbutterjam

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm currently using the ER-4, and I'm loving it totally. My usage of the IEM is very high, so I'm really considering getting customs.

Having searched through the forums, I did not find any comparison between the ER-4 vs the livewires.

I'm currently considering either getting a custom sleeve for the ER-4 like the westone style #34, or getting a Livewires Custom IEM.

Any opinions or advice?

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 5
I think as of right now you will have much less of a headache getting custom tips from westone as livewires has some serious isssues atm and are keeping people waiting way past the suggested turn around time to even see them. There is always hearyourself which are similar to livewires in both price and quality and do not take 6+ weeks to get

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #5 of 5
The sound signature of both is quite different (I own - and am keeping - both).

I use Livewires more, but with a Piccolino cable, because they deliver a punchier, fuller, richer overall sound and driving bass (which is where I find the ER4P, even with APS cable, is lacking. It delivers bass, but it's much flatter than the punchy Livewires).

Conversely, the Livewires can't deliver the scintillating highs of the ER4Ps so, if that is critical for you, (apart from the other comments on Livewires delays being experienced at present) then I'd be looking at the custom sleeve. I understand you can get them from HearYourself.com... Custom Molded In Ear Monitors . They are $US110+shipping internationally (plus the cost of impressions from your audiologist). I was intending to do this myself till the Australian dollar lost so much value.
frown.gif

IIRC cbw got a set for his ER4Ps and really enjoys them. You could PM him for more details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutbutterjam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'm currently using the ER-4, and I'm loving it totally. My usage of the IEM is very high, so I'm really considering getting customs.

Having searched through the forums, I did not find any comparison between the ER-4 vs the livewires.

I'm currently considering either getting a custom sleeve for the ER-4 like the westone style #34, or getting a Livewires Custom IEM.

Any opinions or advice?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back