Livewires user's first headphone purchase
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lonereaction

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, It's been awhile since I've been here, thankyou for all the reviews and threads on the livewires... I have been using them for almost 1.5 years and they still surprise me when I listen to music.

I guess it's time for me to try headphones as well and seek your help once again!

More info:
- I listen to a wide range of genres, metal, rock, electronic, pop, r&b
- Not interested in amps, needs to be practical portable
- Interested in Grado Sr225, how does it compare to livewires?
- Uses Ipod classic
- Likes isolation, but wants to buy open cans to irritate people I know XD
atsmile.gif

- comfortable
- < 250 USD would be nice (exceptions can be made though..)

Going to try some headphones @ Jaben around 18 hours from now... Thanks for reading!

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 5
The Grados will sound closer to the Livewires than the ESW9 which will sound more like a Sennheiser. The ESW10JPN may be a better choice if you want something as well balanced as the LW, but it costs almost $500 (over budget). Some Ultrasone Pro 750 (closed) or Pro 2500 (open) might be another choice for the crisp sharp clear detailed sound with good bass - the mids on the 2500 are not as good as on the Grados though. Haven't heard the 750. The SR-225 (or some MS-1) will probably make the most sense for you, being used to the Livewires sound.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/the...ay-omg-411275/

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I tried some grados, even the AKG 701 (those things are huge!). And then the ESW9. I would have gone for MS-1 or the SR80 (no SR225 in stock) but the built and comfort of the grados couldn't compare to the ESW9.

After 1 hour, my wallet became lighter and head heavier because of my new headphones...
Thanks guys! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back