Livewires 'unBling' mod...
Dec 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Rav

1000+ Head-Fier
Calling this a mod is probably stretching things a little, as it's so darned simple. You will need a small brush, a small amount of black paint (i used artist's acrylic) and some clear nail varnish or other hard wearing lacquer.

Remove the connectors from the IEMs, and carefully apply a thin coat of black paint, and leave it to dry. DO NOT paint the part that goes into the faceplate, or you'll impair the connection. If you have gaps, apply another thin coat, if you have good coverage, carefully apply a coat of the nail varnish/lacquer. Nail Varnish doesn't give the best finish (it's a bit thick) but it does the job.

Let it dry propery before handling, unless you want fingerprints in the finish.

The result:
(note that i did this about 2 months ago, so there are a few gold spots here and there, but it seems to be holding up well enough)

unbling1.jpg

unbling2.jpg

Alternatively you could carefully mask off the connector and use spray paint, but i don't know how well it would adhere to the shiny gold surface, or how well it would wear.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
explain.

The newer cables coming with livewires come with black connectors as standard. The livewires guys apparently read comments that some people weren't loving the bling, and changed it.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any pictures of the newer cables please?

I was wondering that too
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The newer cables coming with livewires come with black connectors as standard. The livewires guys apparently read comments that some people weren't loving the bling, and changed it.

Actually, I was the first. I requested it specifically, and John did it. He's that awesome.

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I was the first. I requested it specifically, and John did it. He's that awesome.

Pictures, please!
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #10 of 72
i don't like the gold colour either..

why don't they make the connectors like the UE,WSTN's?

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #13 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't like the gold colour either..

why don't they make the connectors like the UE,WSTN's?

Functionally, the fact that the connector can rotate is a major practical advantage. It means you have greater flexibility with where you place the cable, either hanging straight down, or looped back behind the ear.

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #14 of 72
Hey, that looks cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back