Livewires Trips worth the extra $100?
Feb 20, 2010 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nakattack

100+ Head-Fier
I've decided to move to customs, and Livewires seems like a great budget option for me as I am still a student. There a many reviews for the Livewire Trips and Duals, but no comparisons between the two, which has me worried about the two. Should I get the Dual and wonder how good the Trip might sound or get the Trip and pay more for little improvement?

Confused IEM nub here lol.

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 7
A cheaper option would be to buy the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 (3 drivers, 2 way crossover) for between $100 to $150 USD and get them remolded by either Unique Melody or Fisher Hearing.

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 7
I think if you want a custom seal on a low budget, reshelling a universal or custom tips is the best option. Unless you get into the big customs, you're kind of wasting your money as there are better universal products up until the $500+ customs.

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 7
If you provide more info on your sources, amps if any and music tastes, the people here could help you better.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 7
I'll be running out of an iPod Nano 5G, with a NuForce Icon Mobile filling amp duty. I'm looking for a more forward, Grado-style sound, and from the reviews I've read the Livewires fit the bill. Reshelling TF10s was my first consideration, but I live in Australia so they're like >500 AUD new and I haven't seen any advertised for overseas shipping in a while. If I bought some TF10's for $150 and reshelled for $80 at UM, I'd still be paying in excess of $250, which is a set of Livewires really.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 7
Post a WTB thread in the forums here and you'll get a pair affordably.
Also, the Livewires are known to have quite aggressive highs, which many do not like, so keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back