[Livewires Picture Index]\\update complete
Jan 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #31 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are the specs on these things? Resistance, sensitivity and such...

This one interests me too, anybody know?

Yeah, the color choice sure is hard... I think I'll go for a red&blue-back combo, mostly because the clear faceplate looks a bit unclean since there seem to be some type of glue (or something) that's visible.. but that's just me.

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #32 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guaneri - could you compare your LW when you get them to ue10 pros ??

I'm almost sure that ue10pros will be better . but I'd like to know the margin
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course, I plan to do some thorough comparisons (not reviews) of the livewires with most other IEMs

Jan 16, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #33 of 66
Not to rub it in...but listening to mine as I type!
smily_headphones1.gif
Just love 'em!

I went for the clear...but with black faceplates. Will try to post up some pics a bit later.

The waiting is sure the hard part!

RIDE

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #34 of 66
Quote:

What do you guys think is best red+blue, clear, clear+blue or clear+red

I think clear/clear, clear/white, or clear/black look the best.

Quote:

what are the specs on these things? Resistance, sensitivity and such...

IIRC they've got 24ohms of resistance.

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #35 of 66
How old is that video? The guy says they are looking to do custom logo's soon. That would be interesting, anyone enquired about it?

Jan 16, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #36 of 66
THey don't do custom logos.

Ive asked them, its not worth it since the cable connector is right slap dang in the middle of the faceplate, unlike Westone and UE who have the cable coming off the top to go around the ear, leaving the faceplate open for design.

kinda sucks, cause i wanted a personalised design!

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #37 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, I plan to do some thorough comparisons (not reviews) of the livewires with most other IEMs

Guarneri, care to share why you went livewires instead of the other FOTM haha (or maybe lasting favorite) Superfreq?

Jan 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #38 of 66
has anyone seen white faceplates

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #39 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clear/Clear all the way, just like my SF5's, I love to see inside my gadgets! And will go well with my current Silver iPod/Tomahawk setup!

Trance, when you get your LW's could you compare straight out of the iPod and then with the Tomahawk?

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #41 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guarneri, care to share why you went livewires instead of the other FOTM haha (or maybe lasting favorite) Superfreq?

In case she doesn't actually get around to seeing this question, I think it's because she had ordered the LiveWires before even finding out about The FreQ.

I recommended her get both and compare them for us.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #43 of 66
Im the person getting the complimenatry Livewires. Offered them many months ago, remember?

Anyway, im finally getting my impressions done!

Still cant choose the colour. I like being able to see inside, so clear shells is cool, but Ravs dont look very clear, kind of frosty, wheras trickywombats look great! Is it just ravs picture that makes them look a bit frosted, or does it vary?

I like the red and blue for left and right but they only do the maroon colour and bubblegum blue for faceplates?

Ideally i would like really clear shells (like tricky wombat) and red and blue faceplates, the same colour as the red/blue shell option.

Also the clear faceplates look a little messy sometimes, around the plug countersink.

I cant wait to get the impressions sent off! Hopefully getting them made next weekend!

Everything i hear about earpeace is fantastic. John is such a kind man, and we exchange emails on and off regularly. I rally cant wait! They can be a late birthday present! (22nd Jan!)

Matt

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #44 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still cant choose the colour. I like being able to see inside, so clear shells is cool, but Ravs dont look very clear, kind of frosty, wheras trickywombats look great! Is it just ravs picture that makes them look a bit frosted, or does it vary?

The faceplate is lighty frosted, but you can still see inside it. The main body is fully clear, but they're hard to photograph. Going for clear/clear will mean that you'll be able to see any impurities/cosmetic blemishes, so if that's going to bother you go for another colour. Having said that, any blemishes there are will be quite hard to see unless you have a really good close look; when they're in your ears they'll be much harder to spot.

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #45 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
she sold off here um2 just to get the freQ. we should all stop saying "get them both", seriously...even though I asked her too I really don't think that's helping.

I think that was a joke...it's a forum..we are allowed to joke right? Or does everything we say have to help something?

Thanks Peter. I ask because she has some top UE customs, so I just wonder why she went one way instead of another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back