Livewires or UE-5 pro?
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pokato

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, after trying the SE530, I concluded that no universal IEM are ever going to be comfortable for me to wear for long period of time, and I've tried all the tips. I've decided to invest in some custom IEM, however, the price range of UE10/11 are out of my budget atm. I've narrowed down to the Livewires, or the UE5pro.

My question is, as you can see, the price difference between the 2 IEMS are $450, and after I searched for some impression of UE5, it seems like although they are good, but there are nothing special when compared to UE10/11.

Would the Livewires sounds as good as the UE5pro, or the would the UE5pro be noticeably better and worth the extra $450?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 6
You have to email one of their staff members so they can start the manual order.
biggrin.gif
I found out by emailing Brad Jensen asking about them and custom art and stuff but I could never pull myself together to order them.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 6
I just sent an email to UE regarding the UE-5C, thanks for the advice!

Can anyone comments on the SQ between the UE-5C and Livewires? Which one will be better for me in your opinion, the source will be 3G Nano(lossless)>Tomahawk, and I listen mostly to vocal, so mids are important to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1n7r4h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to email one of their staff members so they can start the manual order.
biggrin.gif
I found out by emailing Brad Jensen asking about them and custom art and stuff but I could never pull myself together to order them.

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #6 of 6
I can say that my 3G nano headphone out to my Livewires has less soundstage and depth, and less bass and details, than using the dock connector (my iTouch is the same way) to my Tomahawk.

And, while the 3G nano line out dock > Tomahawk > Livewires is very nice, changing to a better source like my iRiver H140 sounds even better. With the iRiver I don't even need the TH for the LW's to sound really great!

Since I have not heard the UE5 pro or UE10, I am not sure where the UE5 pro can improve upon the Livewires, which now top all my previous and current IEM's (E500PTH, E4c, SE310, E2c, Denon C700, Ety ER6i, Bose IE, CX-300, JVC marshmallows). I still enjoy my E500's but they sound TOTALLY different (colored in a nice way) than the Livewires, while my Denon sound like a lesser dynamic driver version of the Livewires. All the others have been sold off.

I would rank them so far as:

1) Livewires (detailed and accurate, transparent, full, tight bass, wide sound stage, best comfort, good isolation)
2) Shure SE500's series (more bass but still mellow, laid back, wide sound)
3) Denon C700 (bass and treble extension, smooth, don't crank up)
4) Shure SE310/E4c (E4c more details but SE310 more bass)
5) ER6i #4 (detailed but need bass boost amp, isolate the most)
6) Super.fi 5 pro (fun sound, poor fit with less detail and colored)
7) JVC marshmallows (low detail)
8) Shure E2c (low detail and bass)
9) CX-300 (too much bass with no detail)
11) Bose IE (they don't belong in the top 10, they left out the tweeter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back