Livewires Detailed Review
Aug 7, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #91 of 127
Mine were just under 2 weeks but there's varying factors that may make them earlier or later. 3 weeks is a good assumption. If they get there earlier then it'll be a surprise!

No they don't charge you till they ship.

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #92 of 127
Curious about colours. Has anyone ordered a black face plate with black moulds? I asked John a week or so ago, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet
frown.gif

Just hunting for a decent audiologist in Sydney now
biggrin.gif
. Can't wait for these! Don't suppose anyone has paired them up with a cowon D2 yet?

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #93 of 127
Thanks for a completely awesome detailed review!

I discovered this thread today and read my way through. When I get a good job (I'm no slacker, just 15 years old hehe... I've got time), I'm gonna spoil myself with better stuff, though I do live in Israel which means I can basically get ep-630's (<<complete rubbish) for 50$ and ety er-6i's for 250$. Horrible huh? I ordered my ety's online from the usa... My country sucks at audio equipment (or any other kind of electronics for the matter).meanwhile the ety's er-6i's do the job, and I'll have to envy you :p

Nice thread, and great review! Enjoy them

By the way, does your band have a Myspace?

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #94 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by nadavnaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... (I'm no slacker, just 15 years old hehe... I've got time), ...

You might want to wait for a year or two before getting customs anyway, IIRC the ear canals slow down the growth at about 16-17 years old. Wouldn't want to get a pair of customs and then have to replace them in 2 years
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #95 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by yobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious about colours. Has anyone ordered a black face plate with black moulds? I asked John a week or so ago, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet
frown.gif

I was thinking about those color choices. I e-mailed him a long time ago about how it looked, and he said that it didn't look that great, more like a "smokey gray" if anything. However, I asked for a follow-up later on, and he said this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by John
We've recently had a good deal of black faceplates come in so I've been able to evaluate them. I wouldn't say they're a smokey gray at all. They are a nice black right now. The edges are smooth and resemble a "flat black" while the main surface is more of a "matte black" because of a bit of texture (so they dont slip out of your fingers). Both don't look gray in any way anymore.

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #96 of 127
It has been done. I shipped out my impressions today. Ordered them in red/blue with the black backs. Now the waiting game begins...

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #98 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goes a lot quicker if you sleep through it...

Ply

or stop visiting headfi and read good reviews about them

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #100 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goes a lot quicker if you sleep through it...

Ply

That only works for about 6-7 hours. There's still the other 16-17 hours in which I need to find something to occupy my time. Guess I'll go to work...
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or stop visiting headfi and read good reviews about them

Blasphemy!!!
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #101 of 127
I think I'm going to take the plunge and get these over the UE-11's (instead I'll spend what I was going to spend on some nice cans + amp or see if UE-11's are really all that people said they were and get them).

Clear with black endcaps sound good?

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #102 of 127
Anyone paired these up with any of the Kenwood DAPS with the built-in digital amp stage?

Very interested in, perhaps, picking a pair of these up...

El Duderino

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #103 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm going to take the plunge and get these over the UE-11's (instead I'll spend what I was going to spend on some nice cans + amp or see if UE-11's are really all that people said they were and get them).

Clear with black endcaps sound good?

I did think about that color combo. Sounds good to me. If you don't like them (unlikely) then you can just use the guarantee and get your money back and spend almost 5x as much on the UE's.
biggrin.gif

I kid because I'm jealous.
plainface.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #104 of 127
John called me at work today to let me know they received my impressions! This is the first time I've received a call from any audio manufacturer, and it left me feeling very good about what I've gotten myself into. He was a great guy to talk to. It didn't sound like he was calling because he was forced to, if that makes any sense. It was an actual conversation. He even commented on my posting here on head-fi, and even figured out what my username was (not that it was all that hard to figure out).

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good right now, and I figured I should put up some kind of progress report. Based on the phone call I had earlier, I can safely assume that the customer service at Livewire is top notch, and I hope I never have to use it.
wink.gif

Funk, if you don't mind, I would like to put up some rough impressions of the Livewires vs the UM2 and M5 here, as it looks like this is quickly becoming THE Livewire info thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back