Livewires CALIFORNIA- STAY CLEAR of them.
Apr 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by svtb15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im OK without the shipping part being refunded to me.. I only want my $$ for the ears returned.. Thank you Bryan... I will get these out to them by FEDEX today.. Stinks that they were that way.. i still have never received one answer to any of the questions that i asked John diles over two months ago now..

Its hard for me to keep up with it since i am traveling alot and tour...
So far i have no problems at all with the westones.. the seal is perferct and is great for playing bass live, which i do.. we are doing arenas.. if any of you are a musician and playing an arena size venue, the dely off the vack wall takes getting used to.. that disappears with the westones.. the LW fit me so poorly that i had no bass since the right ear lost seal all the time...

Oh well.. Im happy with my westones. but i will get a set from Fidelity and Catherine as a backup set and to use on my Ipod as soon as i get my money returned from CA..
I am glad that you got your money back...

I think its safe to go with fidelity right now because they have everything together and they are on the ball. I might go with westone next and try them out, I am a guitar player myslef but dont play live just record for now. I think people miss understood the meaning of this thread. The reason of this thread is because the CA office is in a hole and they have terrible support. Now im sure they were fine back in the day when the 2 companys were together but this has changed. So headphone addict you may of had a great experience with them 1 year ago but if you order a pair today im sure you would have a diffrent oppinion.

May 19, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #32 of 40
So it turned out ok.. I was able to return the IEMs and i received a refund check..
I never wanted to do that but after the OP. i felt it was the only thing that i could do since the company never responded until i got serious.
thanks

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #33 of 40
Ouch! I wished I have read this post earlier. I am having trouble with CA office and no reply from John Diles or Sales email addresses. So, I guess they have not improved. I need to call VISA.

Aug 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #34 of 40
I am also having trouble with the California office. Everyone was very nice when I placed the order. Now it has been 4 weeks and no one even answers the phones in the office anymore. I have left several messages asking about the status of my order but have not heard back from anyone. I will give then until next week. But, if I have not heard back I guess I will have to contact the credit card company.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #36 of 40
This is unbelievable. Anyone thinking about getting Livewires should definitely check this thread out before they make their final decisions. Hopefully the office in California pick it up or otherwise word will get out and it will really begin to affect their business. Then again no one knows how much business they get from and out of head-fi. Maybe try other sites?

Aug 17, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #38 of 40
I have also given up on LiveWires. I have called and called. No one even answers their phone anymore. At this point I think the company has gone under or something. I am now wondering if I will ever see my money again.

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #39 of 40
I am really sorry to see all of this struggle.

I spoke with John Diles a couple times leading up to my purchase of Livewires/Fidelity Customs and he seemed like a good enough guy, but then I read this thread and other impressions in the California Dreamin thread.

I ended up ordering the dual drivers through Fidelity and got them in 3 weeks and 3 days. So far I am extremely satisfied with the sound and just have to figure out a small issue with fit.

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #40 of 40
not long after their introduction, I reviewed the livewires on about.com (part of the new york times company). it remains one of the most popular reviews.

i have gotten some emails from readers who have had issues with recent orders. if any of you still have a problem with your liveswires order, please email me at homerecording.guide@about.com; i am going to see what can be done about this issue.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back