Live Sets: Electronic/Trance/Breaks Beats/Ect
Jul 5, 2005 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TWIFOSP

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm on a techno/electronica live set kick right now. Anyone else can't get enough of finding live sets? Even though a lot of them contain the artists same recorded material, they always seem to have more energy and pizazz. I especially enjoy when you can hear the crowd in the recording.

So post your gems, rare finds, and favorite live sets.

My favorites right now:

The Thrillseekers SSL Melomania Delux (11-08-04) -- This one is short but good
Chicane -- Live in Palladium (01-21-00) -- A classic for sure! One of the best trance sets ever. So much better than their recorded material if you ask me.
Adam Freeland -- I want your Soul Tour Live in Prague -- The breaks beats master! With random mixes, crazy beats, insane time scale manipulation, I just love this guy. Has a couple interesting mixes with Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvanna thrown in. I saw Adam Freeland live in Austin about 2 months ago, and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

I have a ton more than I like but I'll keep it short. I also have a ton more to listen to and see if they are good!

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Massive Attack and Portishead live during the Crisis In Asia performance at Bristol Academy on Feburary 19, 2005 was sublime I tell ya!
tongue.gif
I love listening to it again and again.

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 7
I found an Alex Patterson (of The Orb) DJ set at a San Francisco club online. He had old school, reggae, dnb, electro and trip hop. It was mad fun. He blew up that Junkie XL remix of "A Little Less Conversation" months before Ocean's 11 played it out.

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Massive Attack and Portishead live during the Crisis In Asia performance at Bristol Academy on Feburary 19, 2005 was sublime I tell ya!
tongue.gif
I love listening to it again and again.

Can you please tell me where to get a copy of this?

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 7
You can't, it was a once-in-a-lifetime pay-to-view Webcast. Although I figured out how to capture the streaming video (and audio). So I can listen anytime now. And the WMV is over 1 GB so don't ask for it.
tongue.gif

I guess you can only hope Massive Attack decides to release it on DVD sometime.
lambda.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Squarepusher , Do You Know Squarepusher 2 CD release. 2nd CD Live in Japan:
Conc 2 Symmetriac
The Exploding Psychology
My Red Hot Car
Do You Know Squarepusher
Untitled
Boneville Occident
Go! Spastic
Greenways Trajectory
My ****ing Sound