Live Dead/Phish
May 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #16 of 44
@Skylab

I'm looking for a closed phone. How does the Dead sound on your Denon D7000 or AT W1000X. I'm a Lesh lush, but losing Jerry in the mix is just plain heresy.

Sorry i this turns into a double post. I'm testing to see if this question will make it through without waiting on mod vs. using the quotes... I have been lurking for quite a while, but realively new so many questions are waiting on the MOD. Nudge. Nudge.
tongue_smile.gif

No more qutes for me this made it...

May 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #17 of 44
The W1000X are better at keeping Jerry clearer in the mix, and still have satisfying bass for the Phil-bombs.  The D7000 will be more impressive for those Phil-bombs, but are a little less satisfying for Garcia solos, IMO.  But I enjoy the GD through both, so it's not a huge issue either way.

May 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #19 of 44
@ Subtle thanks for the clarification. It's been awhile since i have ready anything about the T's, the price tag has pushed these out of my budget right now.

I think I may pull the trigger on the ATH-W1000X's if I can do it without the CFO (aka: wife) finding out
evil_smiley.gif
. I found a new set for $546.70 USD

May 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #20 of 44
Jun 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #21 of 44
Well currently, i listen to my shows through grado 80i's (talk about starving student budget) or my shure e4c's. through a old total airhead, sounds pretty nice. not amazing but currently. when trey goes (i usually am using my shure e4cs) sends chills up and down your spine and mike just droppin those heavy lines. and their mids are great for keeping page nice and strong.

I dont listen to a ton of dead but when i do, these little guys sure do keep jerry sounding real nice, bobby and phil as well (sorry for my lack of audiophile speak)

i am building a PPA v2 and a y1 full++/y2 (YEAH GRADUATION GIFT MONEY!) and i plan to save up and buy some senn 600s, or 650s (i havent really looked into this)

but.... i have like 3TB or so (probably more) of phish alone, then 1.5TB of other stuff
beyersmile.png

anyone want a B&P? its pretty much every phish source that has circulated, all folders are the etree standard (and i mean all!) phYYYY-MM-DD.<shnid>.<foldertype> PM if interested!

but does someone want to steer me in the direction of either of these cans? skylab, ive heard you are a can guru, so itd be great for some guidance! actually anything in that like up to 300-400$ range good for live music since its more than 75% of what i listen to probably.

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 44
in High School I collected a ton of phish bootlegs and procrastinated home work by making beautiful printed covers for all every disc.  Quite an endeavor!  Mostly pretty bad sound quality though. 

This makes me want to get some of the newer "live phish" recordings.  I need slap-your-mama good

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #23 of 44
ive got all those too
dt880smile.png
  may i suggest 7/22/97, if you dont know it, GET IT (or get the DVD) its walnut creek, raleigh NC

now that show, with slap-your-mama funk (second set)

http://phish.net/setlists/?d=1997-07-22

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #25 of 44
I'm listening to 97-12-07 Dayton, OH right now.  It's awesome.  I used to have this bootleged back in the day and it sounded like crap.  Listening to it beautiful quality is really cool!!  Also best slave to the traffic light i've ever heard.  wow.  not obnoxious at all

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #26 of 44
honestly, if you like funk anything from 97, the hampton shows are argueably some of THE best shows they have every played. (11/21, 11/22) also im sure youve at least seen or heard of hampton comes alive, that the 98 shows 11/20, 11/21, but honestly i prefer some auds over sbds any day, the auds have depth and warmth, although the crow can be overwhelming, if you have a good recording it should be in balance. especially the earlier dates where the venues were smaller. some of audience recordings have been mistaken as sbds.
personally i prefer 92-95 phish (especially 93,94 <-best years imo)

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #28 of 44
the 2010 tour LPs are sounding quite nice, i know paul was back for chicago idk about the rest of the tour, imo the new tech is not that great, paul will always be the best cause he was on tour with them since 86 or 87 i belive

Jun 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #29 of 44
I haven't heard any of the 2010 recordings, but I've been told they are much better. I don't think Paul has anything to do with the LP recordings. I'm pretty sure it's a seperate crew and they get their own feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back