Live action Cowboy Bebop movie...anyone heard anything?
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hollywood should just stick to Anime without technology beyond our time. Gundam as a Live Action Movie? Most likely 100% epic fail.

I don't know, if they made transformers I am sure they can do something with a gundam.

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #33 of 45
As much as I would love to see that, I'm with everyone that says it'll be near impossible to pull off. I mean.. Bebop had that "another day in the life" episodic pace to it while still having an overall story as well. Kind of hard to do that with a movie. Or cast anyone with hair as awesome as Spike's, or a personality to match. But yeah, Ed will be the hardest to get right. Maybe if they use a really young looking teenager, like that 19 year old that works for police to capture pedophiles. :p

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, if they made transformers I am sure they can do something with a gundam.

True. But it already costed so much just to make what, less than 10 transformers? A Gundam episode/movie with just 10 Gundams isn't a Gundam movie/episode.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I'm not the biggest fan of that series, that could be interesting.

I have word from an inside source that it's already in production, they even sent this photo as proof:

shinji123ar8.jpg

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #37 of 45
now what if George Lucas got rights to Gundam or Evangeleon? I think it could possibly turn out good. Doubt he'd care to do so though.

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallen angel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now what if George Lucas got rights to Gundam or Evangeleon? I think it could possibly turn out good. Doubt he'd care to do so though.

I dunno I think any Gundam movie that isn't at a level of pure and absolutely epicness would probably just suck. It has to be everything a live action Gundam movie could possibly be without just being hugely disappointing.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. But it already costed so much just to make what, less than 10 transformers? A Gundam episode/movie with just 10 Gundams isn't a Gundam movie/episode.

I see you've never watched Turn A Gundam. Or 08th MS Team for that matter. Both of those series kept the number of mobile suits on the field to a fairly low number. Not that it'd be difficult to do a Gundam with lots of suits on screen though. Most of the expense for additional CG work is in computing time and modeling.

Computing power is pretty simple to solve as it continually gets cheaper. Apply a bit of Moore's Law, a 2011 release date, and a Hollywood live action Gundam movie can at least spam 40 mobile suits for the same price as Transformers did 10.

Modeling time wouldn't be much of an issue either since Gundam shows/movies tend to only have a few Gundams and a lot of duplicate mobile suits for the Gundams to destroy. You'd really only have to do full up CG models for 7-8 different suits. MSG could probably get away with 3 Feddie suits (Gundam, GM, Guntank) and 3 Zeon suits (Zeong, Zaku II, Dom).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallen angel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure on that one. Lucas can't even be trusted to keep his own IP in good shape if the latest Indy and the Star Wars prequel movies were any indication.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #41 of 45
What makes Ghost in the shell so epic is its sophistication and abstract story, im afraid letting Spielberg / Hollywood touch GITS it will turn into to be a mainstream-cookie cutter-popcorn movie.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #42 of 45
No to Spielberg eh? I think he'd actually be able to do alright with it. At least a good deal better than the two movies currently coming out.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #43 of 45
such sad news....
there were talks about a live action Eva movie as well.. but i dont know where that is..

Keanu Reeves = epic fail.

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Keanu Reeves = epic fail.

X 2.

Although, when my brother read the news and told me to guess who was Spike - my thoughts went immediately to Keanu.

I really hope he doesn't screw it up with his usual bland acting skills but I know better. Still - I'm looking forward to it. I would have loved to see Johnny Depp or even Hugh Grant as Spike. I think Jude Law might make a good Vicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back