LittleBigPlanet
Nov 4, 2008 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anyone else playing LittleBigPlanet? I know this is a bold statement, but I think it may be the most well-made game of all time. By the time you get through the intro you know it's something special. The main character, Sackboy, is going to quickly become iconic in video games. At first I thought it was too cutesy, but since the minute I started I can't put this game down. The level creator is so easy to use, and the creative possibilities are absolutely endless. This is easily the best PS3 exclusive game, and could be the single best reason to buy the system, if one were on the fence about it. Is anyone else out there playing it? If so add me to PSN, my ID is Gravity_Blast
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 12
I echo your enthusiasm as well as your surprise with this games offerings. My friend recommended LBP to me, two days later his recommendation escalated to an ultimatum; buy the game or die. How, I thought to myself could a simple premise with a tacked on level editor induce my friend, or anyone into such a frenzy? Wanting to live another day I bought LBP and like my friend thought it was a pretty neat concept and well executed at first. A couple more playing hours later something popped inside of me and I realized how stupendous everything about this game is. The best description I can find is that the game is natural, no forced theatrics, no complex over the top mechanisms, just a crap load of fun in a gorgeously imagined and executed world.

I can't believe how well the level editor works and how much fun user created levels are. Its like having one's own Rube Goldberg magic mystery machine in their living room.

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 12
My PS3 died right before Amazon shipped the game to me. I bought a new one and I'll be looking at LBP tonight.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAzhrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My PS3 died right before Amazon shipped the game to me. I bought a new one and I'll be looking at LBP tonight.

Azhrei meet sackboy, sackboy meet Azhrei, I think you're going to get along nicely

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #6 of 12
I got lbp after reading the reviews, i kinf of like oddball games not yout regulat 'hunt, smash destroy' lark. And wow! i thought i had a weird imagination! whats fun is that solving the puzzels isn't a chore, its just so right. A game best played and hard to describe.

And online... i was crying with laughter, and so were the guys i was playing with.

Sackboy Rooles!

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 12
I have to balance Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2 and LittleBigPlanet. I think LBP is a blast. So much fun with friends. I just have to get used to the editing tool so I can create my own levels.

But right now I'm playing Gears of War 2 and that's just awesome. The single player is a bit slow at the moment, but it looks great. Tried the multiplayer part but it's a bit weird at the moment.

mrdeadfolx, have you created anything yet or are you just running through the campaign and user made levels?

Nov 8, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 12
I'm supposed to buy this week a PS3 80GB + LBP bunle pack for the price of 400 euro from El Corte Ingles in Spain. I'll buy it if it could fit in my suitcase. I played it for about 15 minutes at my friend's house and I didn't really like it but he said it's because I didn't play it enough, sou I'll give it a second chance. Worst case scenario I trade it for MGS4 or GTA4 or something like that... =]

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #12 of 12
I bought this two weeks ago (had it on pre-order) and although I've only played it about 30 minutes or so, my wife is completely enamored with it. From what I've seen, it may well be one of the best made games of all time. The means of designing and playing one's own level is incredible and the soundtrack and polish is just spectacular. I know that the jumping is off and I've read that a future firmware update will fix this. Certainly the sequel will be awesome.

Few games really motivate me to keep some time free to play them, this is one of those games. It's like living in a Tim Burton meets Mario land with a very Nightmare Before Christmas feel to it. Gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back