[little side project ] Samson rh "super" 100
Aug 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nickelplant

New Head-Fier

I picked up this samson rh 100 at my colleges surplus store a few weeks ago for $5. They had a short in them but that was easily fixed. They sounded pretty good for $5 clear audio kinda dry but they are sold as cheap reference phones  I figured I could make them crystal clear and warm them up with a little hacking.

First I cut the back out completely since only half of it was open in the first place and used a metal mesh from some paper tray and added a little foam. Rewired it sense a lot of the original wire looked a little frayed. I cut the plastic housing off the driver and grind-ed down the center mounting ring to move the driver off my ear a little bit, it was pushed up against it like a on ear headphone. Then because I had a extra 3.5 jack laying around I gave them a removable cord. Lastly I glued a foam strip from a old planatronics headset I gutted for parts to the band to make them sit higher on my head and to cushion it a little. I also cut the tips off the foam strip  to help it fit the band better and used the tips under the bottom of the ear cushions to prop them up improving seal around my ear and comfort.

Here are more pics
http://imgur.com/a/pibqp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back