Little or Creek?
May 5, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by gaineso
Plus the Creek REALLLY needs the upgraded power supply.

I tried my Creek with the standard power supply and the with the upgraded power supply and I could hear no difference. I kept going back and forth between the two power supplies trying to hear a difference, but I could detect none. For $180 (what I paid) I think the OBH 11 is a hell of a little amp.

Regards, Nick

May 5, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Take it FWIW, but I have read that the new Little is a big improvement over the old Little.

OK - so I can get the old little for $150 and a new creek for $150. Would it be pretty much a toss-up?

Not to beat this to death, but that's basically what I'm deciding between.

Thanks

May 5, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #33 of 37
keep in mind that the OBH-11 and OBH-11SE are not the same amp with different power supplies. The OBH-11SE is a different amp altogether.

May 5, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #34 of 37
Thanks all, its sounding like the old Little might be the ticket for $150. Then after I pay for the new home theater preamp, and projector, the wife might be looking the other way when its time to upgrade the headphone amp.. Hehe

May 5, 2002 at 11:04 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by LarryB
Thanks all, its sounding like the old Little might be the ticket for $150. Then after I pay for the new home theater preamp, and projector, the wife might be looking the other way when its time to upgrade the headphone amp.. Hehe

LarryB,

Great choice--welcome to Club Little. Of course, it sounds as if you'll soon be joining Club Little More Power.
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #36 of 37
Even though I've never heard the Little, I think I would go for it rather than the Creek all at $150. Mainly because you can upgrade the Little with the better power supply and crossfeed and all the other cool stuff.

Power supply upgrades for the Creek warrant widely differing views in terms of improved sound quality as you can already see. I just sold my OBH-11 and was never able to determine if it was worth buying the OBH-2 power supply (upgraded one) because one person would say, yeah it makes a big improvement, and another would say.. nope.. can't hear a difference at all.. and on and on and on. With the Little though, seems like the better power supply really makes a difference from what I've read so far.

So, go with the Little!
smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully I'll get up to 200 posts pretty soon so I can get a loaner!

May 6, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #37 of 37
Thanks for all the positive reinforcement. If I go with the little, even if I don't like it, I'll feel socially responsible at least.

Being an insomniac, it has been quite a pain that none of my audio components have a headphone jack.

I don't know why the public has given up on headphones. But if we're to turn it around we need more new groups like Pink Floyd and RadioHead and fewer like the Backstreet Boys or Brittany Spears IMHO.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back