Little kids perform "Scarface" as a play
Apr 1, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #16 of 24
I'm very intrigued. lol Have them do Full Metal Jacket.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #17 of 24
But my question is: Was doing this in bad taste?

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #19 of 24
Of course! Humor is all about attack! But I have to say, I love Scarface to death, and I think the concept of having kids do it might have even crossed my mind, but for some reason having that little girl say "fudge you" and having the kids talking about sex and taking drugs sort of was a little weird feeling. To make it short, I didnt laugh. If I didnt have kids, I probably would have laughed.

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 24
First of all, what's a child that young doing watching Scarface to begin with?

Second, what is/are the parent(s) thinking?

Third, repeat sentence above.

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is in awful taste, but that is pretty much all of society. Disgraceful that anyone finds little kids reenacting this crap funny.

QFT. I'm surprised at the fact that people find this funny. Even if you take the fact that kids are simulating drugs, murder, and swearing out of the picture, it's simply not funny at all. I guess some are easily entertained.

Other than that, I think kids should be kids and not be a part of some producers stunt to get noticed. It's a free country, be as vile as you want, but leave kids out of it IMHO.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT. I'm surprised at the fact that people find this funny. Even if you take the fact that kids are simulating drugs, murder, and swearing out of the picture, it's simply not funny at all. I guess some are easily entertained.

Other than that, I think kids should be kids and not be a part of some producers stunt to get noticed. It's a free country, be as vile as you want, but leave kids out of it IMHO.

Agreed to a point. I personally wouldn't mind more censorship on TV. Kids do see this crapp. I mean almost every TV show and movie is filled with sex sex sex...murder murder murder...drugs drinking etc....OR a comic parody of these things. These things do influence the kids...the kids are the adults of tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back