Little Intro & Optimising Spotify SQ with Equify Question
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

martyp87

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

First post, so forgive me if this has previously covered.

So, I purchased a set of headphones again after a few years, previously I had AKG K701's and a Little Dot MK III tube amp, the sound was very nice however, I found myself using the speakers more so decided to sell.

Roll on about two years, the bug is back!  My setup is a SoundBlaster ZXR soundcard in the PC which is driving my Denon D7100s (still on the huge stock cable)...  I'm looking to get a WooAudio WA7 Fireflies DAC/amp down the line mainly as it looks beautiful the ZXR has enough power to drive these cans and is surprisingly clean.

For my sources, I have iTunes (some lossless, some 192/256kb AAC files and a good few from the iTunes store) and also Spotify Premium.

I must say I can't tell the difference between lossless and Spotifys' 320kb/s stream, so I'm now trying to build playlists up there. 

Now for the question, I have installed the Equify plug-in and I'm not a big graphic EQ user, generally just leave everything flat however, I'm guessing there is optimum settings. Would any of you be able to point me in the right direction to set this up to make the songs pop - more than they do now.

Thank you in advance and again, apologises if this has been covered, I did try searching.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back