Little Dot
Dec 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #17 of 34
he said his host is down due to maintenance, so i doubt it...

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by David from Little Tube
Hello Adam,

If all goes well, your Little Dot DAC_II should be shipping out this upcoming business week. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,
David

oooohhh ya baby. seems like the business is still in commission, its definitely just their host being down.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 34
I have not seen the Little Dot DAC_II but if you are saying that it is like the Little Dot LD 1+ with the tubes with a DAC in a bigger case? If so I just received by Little Dot 1+ two days ago by DHL and I was surprised at first, that DHL still ships to your door in U.S. since David gave me the tracking number I can see where it goes. Since I have a solid front door I would not hear the delivery person knocking at the door so I download the form at the DHL website for signature on file and stick it on the front door so that the DHL delivery person will leave the package at the door and grab the paper. The delivery person put the package behind my snow shovel so you can not see it from the street.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #20 of 34
When I received my Little Dot 1+ amp the tubes were tightly held in the Styrofoam unmounted as they should be. David answered my E-mails in timely mater and his written English is quite good. At first I did not like the stock tubes and I wisely ordered the WA408 tubes on E-Bay at the time I ordered the Little Dot 1+ amp and the difference in sound between the two tube types was quite extreme. The WE408A tubes shines for my kind of music, chamber, vocal, piano, and large orchestral works. The Little Dot 1+ amp is most as good as my Melos SHA gold pre-amp with the 6DJ8 tubes with my Pioneer LD-65 in ny main rig and the Little Dot 1+ amp is in my computer setup. I am a happy camper and the Little Dot that could is one of the best bang for the buck I received in 30 years. My Sennheiser headphones almost now sound as good as my Stax set.
atsmile.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by john57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not seen the Little Dot DAC_II but if you are saying that it is like the Little Dot LD 1+ with the tubes with a DAC in a bigger case?

Actually the Little Dot DAC_II is essentially the LD DAC_I and the portable Little Dot MK I+ in one case. Thus, it's not a tube amp in there, just the portable amp put into the same case as their DAC_I.

edit: wow, that was really redundant.

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #22 of 34
i am awaitng david's reply too

what is the big diffference between the LD MK2 and the LD 1+? which one is best for a grado SR80 setup?

Oh, and a suggestion , HIFIKANON on ebay, on his items he says "free shipping" but upon checkout, it is actually $15. I emailed him/her and they said i have to pay for the $15 if not I have to cancel the item... they make it sound like is my fault that they provided FALSE advertisement.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what is the big diffference between the LD MK2 and the LD 1+? which one is best for a grado SR80 setup?

Oh, and a suggestion , HIFIKANON on ebay, on his items he says "free shipping" but upon checkout, it is actually $15. I emailed him/her and they said i have to pay for the $15 if not I have to cancel the item... they make it sound like is my fault that they provided FALSE advertisement.

The LD 1+ is a Hybrid amp that uses two tubes to drive the solid state power drivers to the headphones and the LD MK2 uses four tubes and it is a all tube design. The LD MK2 also have a set of RCA outputs to drive a powered speaker system as a example. Both should be able to drive the Grado but the LD 1+ is designed to drive low Impedance headphones like the Grado a bit better and the LD MK2 is a bit better match for high impedance headphones. Just look at the power output ratings between the two.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Send him an email telling him where he can stick it.
The only way to stop this sort of thing is not to buy of them.
I for one am sick of sellers that think they are doing you a favour.

BUY from David at LD and you will have NO problems.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by CQ DX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to check current prices too. 'Little Dot' website still down!

Go to Ebay and search Little Dot David store will come up with all his amps and prices.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #28 of 34
ld site is back up btw

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 34
lol, i guess i got it at a special time. it's down now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back