Little Dot MkIII
Jun 8, 2007 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fitzrik

New Head-Fier
Has anyone heard of these amps yet or are they too brand new to have been heard.

If not, maybe someone knowledgeable could say whether the specs look good, whether it should sound decent.

ANd personally, whethere they would be a good match for AKG 701s and also how it shoud sound in comparison to a darkvoice 336.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzrik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone heard of these amps yet or are they too brand new to have been heard.

If not, maybe someone knowledgeable could say whether the specs look good, whether it should sound decent.

ANd personally, whethere they would be a good match for AKG 701s and also how it shoud sound in comparison to a darkvoice 336.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

I have received a message from David (sales rep of Little Dot) two days ago telling me that the LD MKIII will be ready to ship out next week.

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 5
I got a similar email. Waiting for tubes it seems. Are you getting or thinking of getting the amp?

If so, please say why
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzrik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a similar email. Waiting for tubes it seems. Are you getting or thinking of getting the amp?

If so, please say why
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I am thinking of getting that amp but I must admit that I am more a "follower" than an "early adopter", so I guess that I will wait to see what other have to say about it before I make the move.

As to why I want it? I like my LDII++ and this one "seems" better and is still in my [(effect on my untrain ears)/(price)] ratio...

What about you ?

Jun 8, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 5
I haven't listened properly on headphones for years but think it might be a good idea.

I currently have a good set of speakers and a tube amp so want to replicate that as much as I can.

I just bought a pair of akg 701s second hand and now need an amp. The IIs get good reviews but this as you say looks better and still seems like pretty good value. However there are so many amps out there. I wish I could listen to them first and then decide.

I can't help thinking that maybe I should have held off for a 2ndhand pair of tube stax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back