Little Dot MKIII, Good match?
Feb 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TabooPc

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

Its time for me to drop some money and get a decent amp for my HD650, and AKG 702.

I'm on a $300 dollar budget.

Based on what Ive searched and read, The little dot MKIII Will be a good general match for what I'm listening to.

I'm looking to drive the headphones for:

Classical
Metal
Some Rock
Underground Hip Hop
Hardstyle/Generic techno

I already love the sound of the two headphones coming from my CMOY and look to improve it as much as possible. I would like to make the highs of my HD650 a bit sharper, the sound stage larger, and the bass a but more tight with more of it. For the AKG 701, I would like a softer top end but more bass overall. (Though I do like the amount of bass the 701 has, I think it fits with the other elements well, a bit more would be nice.)

I will be using Line out to RCA from a 5th Gen Ipod and my onboard soundcard from my high end motherboard. (Which is a very nice card, Outputs in 26-bit and 192000hz - If that means anything)

Is the Little Dot MKIII a good match for my first high-end amp?

Feel free to suggest other amps aswell.

I'm a noob, Go easy on me!

Thanks alot!

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to the bunch!
The MKIII is a great amp for the money. I use it to power the DT880 and SR325is.
It may very wel improve the bass of the K702's and soften the highs a bit. But sharpen the highs on the senns isnt working i think.

imo, you cant go wrong with the MKIII. Even more so if you find some nice tubes later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back