Little Dot MK2 - picking up processing noise
Dec 27, 2018 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Flex2d

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I had a strange set of circumstances happen and i am not sure whats causing my little dot mk2 to emit processing noise from the cpu - that what it sounds like at any rate.

So I am not sure if this has any contributing factors to what has occurred but i will explain as i am not that technical.

So i added some Active speakers to the setup. They are Alesis mk2 M1 active speakers. I ran the output from the little dot mk2 directly into the back of them and everything seems to have worked just fine. I have been running this for about 2 weeks and then I started getting the noise of CPU (processing noise) coming through the speakers. So i googled and a suggestion was to reset the BIOS to default. I did this and as i tried to reboot the PSU failed. not power and not turning on the computer. swapped out the psu and the computer is working fine again. However the computer noise is still there.

So at this point i am very confused as to what could causing it.
If the LD MK2 is connected to the headphone jack or through my smsl idea DAC i get the processing noise. I have tried a couple different cables and still the same noise. If i use the Dac and head phones no such sound, headphones by them selves again no processing sound. anything to do with the LD mk2 and i get the processing noise coming through.

If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know!

the only thing i can think of at this stage is the little dot mk2 has played its last song..

Edit : If i plug the little dot mk2 into my phone it works perfectly with no processing noise.
Arrgh lost for what to try next or.. What is causing the processing noise feedback?

Thanks

Daniel

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #2 of 2
[SOLVED]

Grounding issue.. so i realized I changed the original 2 prong to a standard UK 3 prong plug cable. So basically as the wiring in the house if crap. The earth was sending signal back up and into the amp somehow. Switched back to the original 2 prong and perfect no issues. Its basically really bad earthing in the house electrical systems or something.. which is not good
Anyway i'll worry about that another day :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back