Little Dot MK IV SE heating issue?
May 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Namkung

Head-Fier
I have owned my Little Dot MK IV SE for like just over a month now and today while listening to music on my speakers (through preamp of course), my amp started making weird noises. I immediately turned it off and then realized there was a very slightly funny / burning smell coming from the amp. I felt the amp afterwards and I noticed it was hotter than usual and almost burned my hand in the process of touching the power supply. I have never used this amp for more than 8 hours as recommended at one sitting and have gave it generous amounts of time to cool down. I have been using it on a daily basis and I use my speaker 50% of the time and headphones 50% of the time though both are always connected. When the amp started making weird noises, the music was still coming out just fine so I hope no permanent damage has taken place.. I have yet to turn it back on as I want it to cool off all the way but any ideas on what could have caused this..? I did get new optical cables today but I doubt that has anything to do with this.. Nothing else has changed. Any ideas? I have emailed David from Little Dot but just wondering if any of you could provide some insight into the issue.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back