Little Dot MK IV Regular vs Special Edition
Aug 12, 2007 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mjr4077au

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here and saw your name mentioned on AudioKarma.org I usually don't like hoping straight into the questions but here goes...

I am thinking of buying a Headphone amplifier. I haven't played with valve equipment before (I'm Australian so I say Valve - I could say Tube but thats not true to me). I was wondering if the upgraded valves on the Special Edition are worth the extra $100. Also, how long can I use valves for until the are ready for the scrap heap?

Maybe I should get some Headphones first... Cheers, Mitch.

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Some say yes, some say no. They do, however, put top-notch tubes in the SE version. There are two other differences from what I can tell: Neutrik locking headphone jack; and CMC Gold-Plated RCA Jacks.

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some say yes, some say no. They do, however, put top-notch tubes in the SE version. There are two other differences from what I can tell: Neutrik locking headphone jack; and CMC Gold-Plated RCA Jacks.

Could I buy the Regular version and but even better valves in it than the SE sports? Or are they already the best it can handle?

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Some could argue this, but they are very good tubes, many people would agree that these are the best possible tubes being used in the SE. Also, you would be for forfeiting the upgraded headphone jack and RCA ports, if you just went with the regular.

Aug 12, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh yeah, I didn't notice the different jacks. I guess i'll buy the SE then. I was reading somewhere they need atleast 20 hrs breakin time and sound best after 300hrs? Is that correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back