Little Dot MK III with headphone
Sep 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ronald Lee

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am new to the tube amp section. Recently is been interested with the tube amp and would like to ask you guys view on this model, Little Dot MK III . I believed some of you guys had owned this tube amp and I would like to hear your opinions on this tube amp. How does it sound like to you?

BTW, i will be using this amp with my MS1 and MS2. Source will either be my ipod or my computer.

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 7
I have one and i love it. Got it a good 5 months now, and fitted it with M8100/CV4010 tubes i got from david(for an extra 30 bucks or so). The sound is rich and detailed and the tubes i rolled gave it a little more punch in the lows than the stock tubes.
btw: my music is mostly extreme metal and some punk/ska.
Im getting a pair of grado's somewhere next week to complement my DT880's. For the price its a killer amp, not sure how it will do with allesandro's or grado's, but i guess i'll find that out this week
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm currently enjoying my MK III with Grado Head-F1 HF-2s and it sounds fabulous. Deep extended bass on this combo really astounded me and they haven't left my head since the new phones arrived. Liked the amp with my RS-1s too. But it just can't cut it with my Senn HD-650s; for that combination I switched to solid state.

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 7
hmmm, then i heard about changing those little tubes.
can those tube be easily bought? And i had read up on tube amp that tube amp require some minute of warm up before it can be perform better, does it apply to the MK 3?

Sorry guys for the noob questions i am asking, i wish to be on the safer side
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks anyway! it been helpful so far!

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 7
Tubes can be found on ebay among others, i bought 3 pair this week.
Its pretty easy to swap them. Make sure the amp is off and cooled down. Grab the tube with a piece of cloth or something. Than just pull it out while wiggling it a bit. Grab the new tube and push them into the socket while wiggling a bit.
For the markIII there is a tube rolling topic. With your MKIII comes a manual that tells you which tubes you can use.

For the warming up;
It should take a minute or so to get warm enough for use and about 15minutes to reach optimal temperature. I'm not sure if using your amp right after you fire it up will damage it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back