Little Dot MK III preamp
Aug 15, 2008 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Peerbreed

New Head-Fier
I'm purchasing a Pro-Ject Debut III and a Little Dot MK III. I see that the MK III comes with a preamp, but is it a preamp that would work with this turntable? Or do I have to purchase a separate phono box turntable Preamplifier? If I do need one can anyone recommend one in the >$100 range?

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 4
yes, you will need a phono-preamp. The little dot preamp means that you can use the volume knob to control the rca outputs in the back. This is used if you want to hook it up to a speaker amp and use the HP amp as the volume control.

If you can solder the haggerman bugle (hagtech.com) is a great budget phono preamp

Aug 16, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 4
The best budget phono preamps in my experience are actually found in quality vintage receivers. Try looking into the Marantz 22xx series, you should be able to find a 30-ish watt one in good condition for less than $100. For that you get a wonderful phono preamp, sweet sounding radio, and a great sounding integrated amp even by modern standards, not to mention the gorgeous brushed aluminum looks. Good luck!

- DoA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back