Little Dot MK III - Loose volume knob?
Feb 1, 2009 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dihnekis

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Does anyone else who has an MK III have an extremely loose volume knob? Mine turns a good 1/2inch in either direction before it starts to change the volume.

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 11
Is the knob itself tight on the shaft?

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 11
I can actually pull the whole thing right off, there doesn't seem to be anything attaching it, and it doesn't screw in. It's just stuck on there, and pulls right off without much effort... only way it turns and doesn't just spin freely is the metal is ribbed/textured, so it grips a little, but if I spin too hard it does spin completely freely.

I'm probably just going to jam some sticky tac in the knob and then put it on, that will probably make it turn much better.

Is this problem with just mine? It has been like this since I got it.

EDIT: Also, there is a little screw hole on the knob, but no screw in it.

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 11
Yeah, the allen screw is fairly deep in the hole, I just checked my own MKIII and it indeed is in there, just hard to see. Not sure what size allen wrench it takes, but it is small.

Sorry you glued yours on...

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 11
I didn't glue it, just used a little sticky tac (non invasive, putty like substance) that is easily removed.

I will probably just leave it like this though, it works very nicely.

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 11
I just checked mine, and it's a 1.5mm allen wrench. It would be silly not to get one and tighten it, because it will simply work loose eventually. The right size tool for the job would be a good thing to have.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #11 of 11
The knob on my MKIV is not loose at all. Sits really tight.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back