Little Dot Mk II + Schiit Fulla 2 + iMac = humming / RFI
Jan 18, 2017 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fabioyamauti

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I hope I can get some help from some experienced users to my problem... My setup is as follows: 

Grounded Outlet -> Little Dot Mk II tube amp -> RCA to P2 cable -> Schiit Fulla 2 -> USB Cable -> iMac -> Grounded Outlet 

The headphone is connected to the Little Dot Mk II. When there is no music playing, if I turn up the volume knob on the amp I can hear some RFI noise (radio frequency, some radio station). The Little Dot Mk II RCA connectors seems to be isolated from the chassis (there's a plastic piece between the connectors and the chassis). When I touch the RCA connectors with my fingers the noise is completely gone. I think I have some grounding problem here. 
If the RCA connectors on the amp are isolated, then I shouldn't have a ground loop problem, correct? Why when I touch the RCA connectors on the amp the noise is gone? The amp and the iMac are grounded. I've tried a cheater plug in the iMac, so theoretically the setup in this way would have only one grounding point, the amp outlet. But the problem with the noise wasn't solved. Only when I touch the RCA connectors in the amp the noise is gone. Any suggestions to solve my problem? Thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back