little dot micro tube reliability
Mar 28, 2007 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

legbone

100+ Head-Fier
i pulled the trigger on a ld microtube while i am waiting for my hornet. does anyone know anything about the reliability of these amps (the microtubes). i have heard they sound great but i am wondering if anyone has had any problems with their build quality/failure rate. thanks in advance.

Mar 28, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 9
cool. thanks for the answer. mine is on the way. i ordered an extra set of tubes (just in case) and the pcb upgrade. do you have the pcb upgrade? would you give me a quick review/impression of what you think about it. thanks in advance.

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 9
while you are here and familiar with this amp. how exactly do the switches inside work in regards to gain. this is confusing me. does it come with some kind of instructions?

thanks in advance.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 9
yeah it was those posts that confused me.

2 OFF: 10times
1 ON, 2 OFF: 15times
1 OFF, 2 ON: 20times
1 NO, 2 ON: 30times

okay, as far as i can see in the photos, there are two sets of switches with two switches on each. so what the hell do these mean. there are 4 switches. is the above for each channel (left and right) or something. and what does 1 no 2 on mean. is that supposed to be 1 on 2 on. because that makes more sense. and which switch on the two sets is one and which one is two. i may be blind though LOL. thanks.

edit: okay, now i see each switch on each set has a number. so are the two sets for left and right channel? if so, i now understand as long as 1 no actually means 1 on. now i just need to figure out what ohms each applies to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back