Little Dot Micro+ Just Arrived!
Oct 17, 2006 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

awptickes

100+ Head-Fier
I was a little worried that this would happen, as soon as I shipped out my Super.fi 5 Pro's, the amp would come. Sure enough it happened.

The ninjas were waiting in the bushes outside the post office, because they knew exactly when to put the amp in my Post Office Box.

Initial Impressions:
I unboxed it, and I was immediately drawn to how small it is. Little Dot Micro+ my ass. More like Little Tiny Dot Super-Micro. I was expecting something a little more the size of a pack of cigarette, and this could fit in a pack of 100's, with the cables plugged in.

Having only a pair of Koss UR-30's my review will be limited for a while (UE says 10 days + shiping time, so almost a month).

Wow. After plugging it in, I hear so much more. It's a world of difference. I only noticed a difference this large after I started ripping in 320kbps, using real IEMs and a self-built cMoy. This amp clears up the sound quite a bit. Although it's billed as a "wire with gain" I think it's more of a "revealing mask" because I now hear cow-bells, the elusive "tsssss" in cymbals, and clicks that were left in drum-loops in rap songs.

Listening to Tool's 10,000 days, a song I'm farely familier with, I was supprised as to how deep the layers of sound go. I thought I had heard the album, now I have to listen to it again. This seems to be the trend with most of my music. Now I have head-fi to thank for not only spending all of my money, but now for taking up all of my time.
wink.gif

I've only listened for two hours or so, but wow. I'm looking forward to letting the amp burn in.

(This is one purchase I probably won't be cursing head-fi for.)

Oct 17, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Mine improved dramatically after a 24hr burn-in. Equipement aside I think it is likely that you will find real improvements as far as the bass, mids and soundstage go once it has been on the go for a bit.

It will remain analytical, but it will not sound so cold and it will sound more musical.

I love this amp!!!

Oct 17, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Congrats! I like the Little Dot Micro+ for its price, unlike some other well respected contender.

Oct 17, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm pretty satisfied with mine too. It does what it's intended to, add power. I would have liked to add a little bit more oomph actually, but my dt250-80's are portable now, which is very nice. It really is tiny, bang for the buck I think it's a steal. Sometimes though, I wonder if I've lost a bit of soundtage - this could be me over analyzing though.

Oct 18, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 5
Hey! I could not agree more. This little baby rocks!!!!

The size really amazed me. This is how a portable amp should be packaged.

And yes, they have that superb ability to clears out the ambiance and enhance airyness. And they reveals sweet layers of sound previously sounding monotonous.

Enjoy it man. And let it burn in continously until the battery runs out.......ummmm in which case mine is still alive and kicking for over 150hours since the day I FIRST switched it on last Friday night
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back