Little Dot II+ and SR225
Jul 31, 2006 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

muckluck

500+ Head-Fier
Is it worth the money?

I listen to rock music 90% of the time, Jazz 9%, and classical 1% of the time. What I really want is an up front, "in your face", feel and great detail/ instrument seperation. I don't have the time to go and audition headphones, so these little threads are helpful. Thank you for your time.

P.S.

The Stax SR-001 MKIIs seem to be a good choice too.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 8
I hope to buy a LD2 here soon, I will be using them with my A250s to calm the highs alittle.
There is a big thread going on about them right now in the amps forum.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd say yes. I have a pair of Grados and while they are not really my cup of tea, they are definitely "in your face."
Maybe you could consider the Sony SA5ks for "up front, in your face, feel and great detail/ instrument seperation"
Solid choice on the amp, I have the LD3 and it's great.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zowbombs
I'd say yes. I have a pair of Grados and while they are not really my cup of tea, they are definitely "in your face."
Maybe you could consider the Sony SA5ks for "up front, in your face, feel and great detail/ instrument seperation"
Solid choice on the amp, I have the LD3 and it's great.

I forgot about the SA series!! You know my first head-fi purchase was going to be the SA1ks/3ks, and well I ended up the A700 ( I really don't know why.) I hate my A700s. Thanks for bringing those up. Now my list in order of what I'm leaning toward the most is: 1. SA3/5k 2. SR-225 3. SR-001.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 8
Anyone know a vender in the U.S. that carries the Sony SA-3ks and accepts pay pal.

-- edit--

Nevermind, Audiocubes has them for $179. Oh, and why do the SA-5ks cost $300 more? If they were like 250 I would consider it, but $500? That's 80 work hours
frown.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Personally... I hated the 5K and the 3K. Thin bass, weird decay and some odd sibilance on complex music. Thats just IMO, some people seem to love them. I had an LD2 w/Telefunkens and I can tell you it pairs very well with something like a 225. Have you considered perhaps a DT990? I had that duo and loved it.

Jul 31, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Personally... I hated the 5K and the 3K. Thin bass, weird decay and some odd sibilance on complex music. Thats just IMO, some people seem to love them. I had an LD2 w/Telefunkens and I can tell you it pairs very well with something like a 225. Have you considered perhaps a DT990? I had that duo and loved it.

Too late to have second guesses. Already ordered the LDII+ and SA-3k. DT 990s, are they similar to the ATH-Axxx series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back