Little Dot I+
Jan 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Blast

Head-Fier
Where online can I buy the tube amp Little Dot I+? I can only seem to find the II+ on ebay but not the predecessor. I am planning on coupling this unit with a fubar usb dac (maybe the fubar 2) and a pair of Ultrasone HFI-780's. Speaking of which, does Firestone Audio still sell the original Fubar dac? Thanks for any help in locating these components.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 9
Jan 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 9
I thought I read something about David taking a small vacation from selling the Little Dot amps during the Chinese new years. I've never seen him not have an auction for LD I+'s on ebay except during the past week/two.

I've never seen a Fubar DAC that wasn't a Fubar II or III...there has to be a one but I've never seen it anywhere. You can find them readily available on ebay..there's one there now that's not from a dealer but at this point I've come to believe anything not sold "buy it now" is a scam and has been shill bid way too high.

Another usb dac in the same pricerange you may want to look into is the E-MU 0404 or 0202. Lots of good reviews about them while the Fubar II has had mixed ones with more being on the low side..There's one large on in the computer audio section by Skylab and it didn't get good reviews at all. I was in the market for one for the longest time till i read up on it more.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 9
What is the price of the Fubar? Just wondering because the Keces DA-151 is pairing nicely with my LD I+.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 9
A whole lot of people here use it solely as a usb DAC. Performs very very well for its price range. I just bought a 0202 yesterday and will be using it for that purpose only.

Retail for the Fubar II is $137 I believe. When I was hunting I didn't have much luck finding it any cheaper other than from random ebay sellers every now and then and each time the price ended up going too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back