Little Dot I+ Review
Apr 12, 2009 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Baird GoW

500+ Head-Fier
I must say I am very impressed as this is my first headphone amplifier and without any burn in has made both my Ultrasone HFI-780 and Audio-Technica ATH AD700's far more enjoyable (not to say that they were not enjoyable before).
I just got the stock 6JI tubes for now but I am planning on buying the Sylvania 408A gold tubes soon.

Review (after like 4 hours of burn in):

Ultrasone HFI-780- Opened sound stage extremely wide, everything is warmer and smoothish,there is far more detail and precision, bass is more controlled, I can hear things that were hidden before, also vocals are much clearer.

Audio-Technica ATH AD700-This beast now has a sound stage that is so big it deserves a new name like "SUPER-SOUND-STAGE", It now has bass you can feel, its much warmer with precision and detail, again vocals are much clearer.

Both- They both make me feel like I'm at a concert rather than listening to a CD. IMHO

I am much enjoying it.

P.S. davidzhezhe is an awesome guy. I had a bunch of problems (all of which turned out to be not his fault except for he sent me the wrong powercord) and he tried helped me figure all of them out. The ones he had the responsibility of helping me fix (as covered under warranty) he did fix. He responded to all my emails under 12 hours and some of my questions got replies within minutes.

Apr 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say I am very impressed as this is my first headphone amplifier and without any burn in

Most (all?) amps don't experience burn-in like headphone transducers do, so I wouldn't go out of my way to listen for changes.

Apr 12, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most (all?) amps don't experience burn-in like headphone transducers do, so I wouldn't go out of my way to listen for changes.

oh no you didnt!

ph34r.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 17
^^hahahahhahahahaha.

^That's not what I have read from other forums about the LD I+ but thanks for trying to help.

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^hahahahhahahahaha. That's not what I have read from other forums about the LD I+ but thanks for trying to help.

One should take everything they read with a grain of salt and trust their ears. I read about people burning in the EF1, but it sounds the same as the day I got it. With the Icon Mobile, tons of people were talking about how burn-in affected it and it caused some nice placebo, but after a few hours out of the box it didn't change significantly. Also note Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26
Most amps don't experience burn-in like headphone transducers do

does not read Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26
Most amps don't experience burn-in.

Apr 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 17
Back to the little dot....

Is Davidzhezhe an ebay seller, or is he selling them from head fi?

What all was wrong with the little dot when you got it?

Are you using the stock op-amp?

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like we have some kind of Zippo avatar duel going on here.

haha lold true, I noticed it too

Davidzhezhe really is a great guy and their support is defo one of the best on the market.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #10 of 17
I'll post some more about the sound once they burn in within 2 weeks if you want to check back then.
atsmile.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 17
I just cleaned up this thread. Everyone needs to chill out. Please keep the thread on topic and be nice to each other.

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #12 of 17
Short up date they ARE getting better and im hearing more things in the same songs that i did not hear when i first used the amp. one example would be there are always 2 to 3 singers dragonforce uses at the same time and this is the first time i could hear the background singers and destinguish their voices.

Apr 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #13 of 17
Just got back from a dragon force concert I'm gonna wait a few days before I listen in on my amp because my left ear needs rest (its been ringing for last 3 hours).

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 17
My Sylvania 408a tube should be here today or tomorrow.
I will post about them soon as I get them.
Also as I said they ARE FOR 100% sure getting better as the days go by.
The things I said it did earlier it is doing even better basically.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #15 of 17
Just got my Sylvania gold 408A tube's today and it sounds amazing right out of their boxes (With my HFI-780 i have not tried it with the AD700's yet because it sound to good to take off). It basically made everything super clear and the bass is perfect(tight warm and loose at the right places), vocals are amazing, its warm, it is not muddy in any area. I can't explain how much better it is than the 6JI's. I truly cant imagine what could sound better than this. It sounds like this could be the best sounding setup (combination) you could possibly get (to my ears that I believe would not be able to hear any difference between this and a $1000 setup).

I think I will be perfectly happy with this setup for years to come.

Only thing I am going to try next is opamp rolling my prelude and the I+.
WOW I am still amazed.

GET THIS AMP AND THESE TUBES AND YOU WILL BE A HAPPY CAMPER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back