LIttle Dot I+ Problem
Jun 13, 2011 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nike T

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I have a Little Dot I+, not really sure what happened, but I blew two of the blue things I think.  What should I do. Is there anywhere or anyone in the US that I can or should send it to?  Or do I have to send it all the way back to China?

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Did you own this amp for a long time? Did you change any settings that might have caused this problem?
You blew out the resistors, which means that there is some sort of overload wattage happening here. 

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 7
I noticed that you have the switches set for 408A tubes  and that requires a much higher heater voltage about 20v  than most pre-amps tubes use. If you left the switches at 408A and changed the tubes to something other than 408A it is more likely that the resistors will blow.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 7
You might try posting over in the DIY forum.  They can give some advice on you doing a repair, or someone might offer to assist.

x3 on the "did you change the tubes without changing the jumpers" question.

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 7
What I'd do in any case is send this picture to Little Dot along with how it might have happened.
They will probably send you resistors for free, if it's within warranty range.

You will need a soldering iron to do the fix though.

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 7
Yea I was looking at it again and I had the stock pair of tubes, the 6ji's, in it instead of the 408a's I thought I was using lol.  My fault.  Anyway, it's out of the warranty period.  I'll talk to DavidZheZhe to see if I might be able to get some more resistors and I'll try in the DIY section too

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 7
You also may be able to find the resistors at Radio Shack if you decide to go that route. The 408A tube is a bit unique in heater voltage. That is the one jumper or switch in your case that could damage the Little Dot if set wrong. The other jumpers may not cause that type of damage.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back