Little Dot I+ Hissing
Jan 10, 2015 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BearMonster

100+ Head-Fier
Ok i just got my Little Dot I+ today and have done only a few test. But i am getting hissing sounds on my phone & computer. On my phone the hissing sounds are noticeable, but on my computer it is much louder.

On the computer i have plugged it into the line out to my soundblaster z which came out with hissing. I then tried it into the headphone jack which was pretty much the same, i then plugged it into the motherboard headphone jack which had the same effect. When i plugged in my headphone into my phone and computer i did not hear any hissing sound. Lastly i changed the stocks tube with some Mullard tubes which had the same results.

I am wondering if this is normal as i have not burn both tubes or the amps.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 9
Seems like my problem is caused by ground loop between my sound card and my rca cable to 3.5mm, it's also too bad that my onboard audio is filled with white noise which reminded me why i brought the soundcard in the first place. I might try a ground loop isolator to see if it does anything at all.

But one thing i would to know if i had gone for something like a aune t1 mk2 would i suffer ground loop

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #6 of 9
I had the same problem between my iDSD and Lyr 2, a decent shielded Chord Cobra phono lead helped cut down on noise. 
smile.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 9
I had the same problem between my iDSD and Lyr 2, a decent shielded Chord Cobra phono lead helped cut down on noise. :smile:  

If a better shielded cable helped, then your problem wasn't a ground loop, it was probably EMI.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 9
If a better shielded cable helped, then your problem wasn't a ground loop, it was probably EMI.

Yeah, that's very true. I still have a little residual noise when my volume is up high, but that's probably because my machine has a lot going on inside, it's heavily overclocked, that probably doesn't help with EMI. I may well look into the iFi iUSBPower or even just a TOSLINK connection.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 9
I have had the same issue with my Little Dot. I originally had it plugged into a power strip that had my computer and monitors on it. I moved it to its own outlet and it seemed to help. Try a different outlet and also try moving it away from other electronic components. Unfortunately, I think this issue is fairly common with this amp. : /

Users who are viewing this thread

Back