little dot 3 best settings for syn 595's
Sep 11, 2008 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MaxQ

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I just got my little dot 3 in the mail today (man, this things a monster)

I have never owned one before and know nothing of how to set it up

Can someone tell me what are the best setting for my syn 595's and whats more, how to do it.

Thanks
George

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 6
George

Boy are you in for a good time!!

Is that Senn 595's? If so they are low sensitivity and the default gain setting should already be on the lowest setting (on-on ) to match.
To check - the gain switches are on the bottom visible in 2 slots centrally toward the front. There are two sets of 2 switches for each channel.
You can use a small jeweller's screw driver to slide the switches across if you need to change them.

When looking at underside with volume at the top.
On-on = 3 lowest gain
Off-on = 4
On-off = 5
Off-off = 10 highest gain

The switches need to be identical in setting to each other.

Make sure the tubes are seated properly after travel- I had to with mine. Use a cloth to hold them otherwise you leave finger marks.

Don't make any final judgement of sound quality for a good 50 hours use. They sound good but a whole lot better after burn in.
There's info on the threads here discussing burn in and gain settings. Some are using the higher gain settings irrespective of headphone impedance for preferred sound quality. I have my setting at 10 off-off (32ohm cans).

Have fun. I just love watching it glow in the dark.

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Some are going with the medium gain setting setting which is 5 (on-off).
The 600's and 650's are high impedance heaphones and a lot of the Senn users on this forum have these.
They will be better placed to comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back