LITTLE DOT 2+ OR ORIGINAL MASTER AMP ?
Sep 30, 2006 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

retro

New Head-Fier
Im in the market for a good amp but i dont want to spend to much money ! at the moment im thinking betwin these to amps the Little dot 2+ or the Original master amp they fit my price range $200-$250 aus . has any one done a comparison with these to amps ? im using
blink.gif
dt-880 headphones.

Sep 30, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 2
I've compared the original master with a LD2 - but not the 2+.

Heres the surprising thing - I couldn't tell the difference! No discernable sonic difference between the 2 amps, if I was blindfolded and volumes matched no way could I tell the diff. Using HD650s also had a listen through HD595s.

Honestly, if you want to experiment with tubes, get the LD2+, know that you will have to replace the tubes at some stage, buy an extra set when purchasing the amp. Know also that some LD2+ have given problems, but that these were fixed by the maker quickly and to owners satisfaction.

If you want a simple fit and forget solution then get the master. Sounds poor until it warms up for an hour or so. A friend has one and is very happy with it, only thing is that one of the RCA inputs came a bit loose. Comes with a separate PSU.

both give quality sound its down to tubes/SS!

Fran

Users who are viewing this thread

Back