Little Dot 1+ making crackling
Feb 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Melvins

Fake trader feedback from duplicate account: Frankzappa92.
Aka: Melvins92
BAD TRADER
noises, I believe they are coming from my tubes and not my amp itself because the crackling stops when I place my hands on the tubes. It's really quite annoying, and its like it the background. I took the tubes out, blew em' off, have my settings set properly...what could be wrong?

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 9
******* this is really annoying, someone please help!

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 9
One channel or both channels? Do you have any other tubes that you can test with? If not, have you at least tried swapping the tubes between channels?

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 9
I do have other tubes I can test with, I'll test em' tomorrow. and both channels, but say when I place my hand on the right tube, it goes away, it's just a pain to keep my hand there -.-

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 9
I had the same issue. I took a thin-ish book and placed in between the tubes and the transformer, then another set of legal textbooks (2-3 inches thick) and placed them surrounding the amplifier. This distortion was gone. 

Is the amplifier nearby any other electronic instrument? Computer? Monitor? Is it too close to the wall maybe? 

If this doesn't solve it then your tubes might be the issue.

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 9
I used the other tubes and it did the same stuff, so it's not the tube. Yeah it's near a wall and my laptop and my hard drive. Place books under it you say? The transformer??

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 9
placed a book under it, it's still there but so minuscule that I can hardly tell. Anyone care to explain why this happened out of the blue?

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 9
The tubes are sensitive to interference- waves generated by electronics. Make sure the tubes are shielded/ further away from the wiring and none too close to the laptop and hard drive. 

Did you move the position of your gear recently? This might have something to do with it. 

If the crackling is still there, see if a book placed between any electronic equipment and the tubes helps. If you say, place your hands about an inch over the tubes, you would probably be able to hear distortion, interference caused by your hand. Hifi is a delicate hobby. Positioning of gear is important. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 9
haha yeah the book fixed the problem, it's just weird because this came out of no where and I was worried that my new tubes were messing up....:frowning2:. But nope the problem is fixed for the most part

Users who are viewing this thread

Back