Little Dot 1+ and SMSL Sanskrit 6th - LPS Suggestions
Aug 22, 2017 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bryce.E

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I've just recently ventured into the audiophile world, purchasing a JDS Labs C5D and a set of beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohms a couple of months ago. I've now become interested in tube amps. I found a deal on a Little Dot 1+ today, which i promptly jumped on. I am researching inexpensive DAC options to go with, and the SMSL Sanskrit 6th seems like a good option. I've read in various places in this forum that a Linear Power Supply would be of benefit. Is there merit to this? If so, would anybody be able to recommend some options? To add to that, if anyone knows of something better within the same price range in regards to the DAC, please let me know! I look forward to hearing from you guys. This website has been a key resource for me over the last several months.

Aug 22, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 3
I've heard many people say the Sanskrit and Modi 2 go toe to toe so I think your choice is just fine! For a $100 dollar DAC, I think those two are your best bets. I have yet to see anything that rivals those at your price point. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back