Literally Shocked by My ATH-A700s
Jan 23, 2008 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

nin3th

100+ Head-Fier
Last night I was really feeling daft punk. Really feeling it. Every 5 or ten seconds, my headphones would deliver not a painful, but uncomfortable shock to the side of my head. The stock zune earbuds did this once after I accidentally killed my zune with a huge static shock, and then continued to shock me for the next 6 hours.

Why?

Any help?

I was listening to Daft Punk: Television Rules the Nation/Crescendolls from their Alive: 2007 album,

Through my zune 30gb to LDM+ to ATH-A700s

the zune volume was around 14 or 15

The volume on the LDM+ was around 4 o'clock.

Good thing my hair didn't catch on fire.

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 15
Are you wearing nylon? Nylon generates static very easily. You can get a static bracelet (the ones they use for computer repair) i guess (if changing clothes doesnt work)... or just touch the metal on your window once in a while to discharge

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 15
All audio technica headphones do this to me. I have no idea why, but I do find it annoying. As you can see, I no longer own any audio technica headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by h4n9m4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you wearing nylon? Nylon generates static very easily. You can get a static bracelet (the ones they use for computer repair) i guess (if changing clothes doesnt work)... or just touch the metal on your window once in a while to discharge

I actually was wearing nylon both times. weird.

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 15
what i found funny was that it shocked you once, but you proceeded to keep them on for 6 hours, all the while getting shocked.

shock-fetish

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what i found funny was that it shocked you once, but you proceeded to keep them on for 6 hours, all the while getting shocked.

shock-fetish

Reminded me of a Lucky Star ep.
tongue.gif

nerds

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
800px-Antistatic_wrist_strap.jpg

Sorry I laughed at this, headphones that shock you...

The clip end goes where???? And the other end gets wrapped around a pipe, right?

Since getting shocked wasn't so much of a problem for 6 hours, should like the clip.

Mooch

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The strap gets wrapped around your wrist and the clip gets attached to a metal surface.

Thanks for the tip. Jeez, just trying to be cute.

Mooch

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
800px-Antistatic_wrist_strap.jpg

Sorry I laughed at this, headphones that shock you...

how much and where can I get one?

ha ha ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back