Lite DAC AM Headphone Amp
Sep 5, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 4
I am too interested in this DAC. Its an OS version of lite DACS and supposed to have more details and separation in sound compared to DAC AH.
My question is whether there is a headphone out bypassing inbuilt headphone amp? I do not have any faith in DACs inbuilt amp than a stand-alone dedicated headphone amp.

Sep 7, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 4
Mine's just burning in, but on first impression, I do like it better than the stock DAC-AH and the modded DAC-AH from diyclub.biz. Mostly better seperation, not hearing much more detail than a stock AH. But then, I've only listened to it for about 5 minutes.

There is a locking headphone 1/4" plug on the back of the DAC. It is digitally controlled by the buttons in front. Haven't spent enough time with the built in amp to really make an opinion. It sounds okay, plenty of power, background is dark, not enough time to tell if its the DAC or the amp.

I will say changing volume is a pain. You have to up the up/down button to select up or down volume, then push the set button to actually change the volume. It does remember the last volume when you turn off the amp.

Bypassing the amp? There's XLR and RCA outputs on back, so just run your IC from there to your amp. Unlike a DAC1, the volume control don't affect the XLR and RCA outputs.

Will post impressions when I spend more time with it.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Mine's just burning in, but on first impression, I do like it better than the stock DAC-AH and the modded DAC-AH from diyclub.biz. Mostly better seperation, not hearing much more detail than a stock AH. But then, I've only listened to it for about 5 minutes.

There is a locking headphone 1/4" plug on the back of the DAC. It is digitally controlled by the buttons in front. Haven't spent enough time with the built in amp to really make an opinion. It sounds okay, plenty of power, background is dark, not enough time to tell if its the DAC or the amp.

I will say changing volume is a pain. You have to up the up/down button to select up or down volume, then push the set button to actually change the volume. It does remember the last volume when you turn off the amp.

Bypassing the amp? There's XLR and RCA outputs on back, so just run your IC from there to your amp. Unlike a DAC1, the volume control don't affect the XLR and RCA outputs.

Will post impressions when I spend more time with it.

Apologies for posting to a decade old thread, but do any of you have any impressions of the LITE DAC-am?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back