Lite Audio DAC50 help
Dec 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maultar

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I purchased an unpopulated Lite Audio DAC50 board which i was thinking of building using some better than stock components. However i have run into a few problems.

Lite Audio does not seem to have a website nor a contactable mailing address so it seems that there is very little support for their designs.

My problems are as such:

(1) I have a circuit diagram for the main board but do not have the circuit diagram nor the actual PCB for the daughter controller/display board which is required to work the upsampling features and input options. It does not really seem feasible to bypass this board and use a switch as the DF1704 chip needs to be controlled by a controller chip e.g. AT89C51.

(2) I have ordered the AT89C51 chip which is the chip used in the original design to control the inputs and the upsampling features. However it appears that this cheap needs to be programmed and i do not have the parameters or the means to program the chip.

So i would be greatly indebted to anyone who can show me where to obtain the circuit diagram for the daughter board or where to purchase one. I would also very much appreciate any help with either finding a programmed AT89C51 chip or some other method of controlling the df1704.

If worse comes to worse, I will have to bypass the df1704 chip completely and be unable to use the upsampling feature. Though i would really like to retain this feature.

Any help in this area would be very much appreciated. If somebody has a broken or damaged dac50 i would be very interested in purchasing the daughter board and controller chip.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back