Listening to the AKG K1000 is just too serious.
Nov 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #31 of 41
I must be missing something here, but can anything else solid state be better than the b22?
smily_headphones1.gif

Perhaps my DAC is out of place.

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #33 of 41
Can B22 drive speakers as well, cos First Watt F1 is an speaker amp only, which also need an pre-amp, isnt?
I believe that speaker amp rig is/are the only way to go, imo.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #35 of 41
O.k. didnt know that, but from wat I have read/heard is that K1000 need around 10W only, but from A class. So, using an A class amp with like 25W p.ch. would be better match, I think.
TrendsAudio have 15W, I believe, so, why not try one
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #37 of 41
I am not technically skilled, but as I have understand its not about the power at all. I have been told that K1000 can be driven with 5-7W p.ch. easily, but must be high quality class A one, however an good T-amp, which TA is, drives them very, very well, imo.
I was listened them closed, but when I have got TA, started used them semi-open, well, slightly less than semi, and the sound was never thin. Its always good to try some things out, especially when you on budget, but still get something different, which may give you more flexibility in use with different genres. And I believe that TA is a good choice. Check Google for many reviews of it Trends Audio TA10.1 - Google Search

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've suggested the TrendsAudio to me before. I have yet to try it but I don't see how a less powerful amplifier can be better for the K1000?

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #38 of 41
Yeah, nice to see that you have decided to keep the K1000 (at least for now).
..and as others have mentioned it seems to scale well with higher quality amplification and source. I landed on the Signature 30.2 myself, and like it a lot. There are of course a load of capable amplifiers out there.

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #40 of 41
Wow, these are things I have to try in shop before actually committing to buy.

I wouldn't be able to sell these off on Head-Fi.

Thanks for the suggestions

@krmathis: I considered the Sig 30.2 along with the b22. I decided with the b22 because it was more applicable for me. Moreover, Naaman was a great guy to build one with such quality.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@krmathis: I considered the Sig 30.2 along with the b22. I decided with the b22 because it was more applicable for me. Moreover, Naaman was a great guy to build one with such quality.

So, you did the same...
I contacted 'naamanf' as well (early July), but sadly he had issues in Iraq and hence uable to help me. So since I can't DIY I ended up buying the Signature 30.2. No regrets so far.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back