Listening to music never was so hard..
Mar 12, 2008 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Winterlord

Head-Fier
So, I caught a cold. My throat was aching the first day, A day after that I had to blow my nose every 5 seconds and had a drilling headache. Now, several days have passed and my noise is clogged up and I am coughing a lot.

And now, to the point of this thread, the sinuses are clogged, and that makes the music sound bad, really bad. I mean no low frequencies, everything sounds shrill, the music is not engaging (coming from a Grado!!
eek.gif
), the sound is unbalanced and overall weaker than usual.

This sucks.
mad.gif

We have a headphone meeting this Saturday, and I really I will get better so I would be able to appreciate the quality of the gear that I'm going to listen to.
I've seen a thread about this some months ago, did it happen to anyone here?
Do you have some tips for making it go away?
It really makes my nice cans sound shrill and weird, even with bass heavy music.

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 6
I was in flu couple of weeks ago. Just rest well, and hope you get well and fast!

Im not sure if listening headphones with clogged up ears is very healthy though...

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Get well soon!
So you can enjoy music again..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 6
I had pretty much the same thing last week. Just leave it and it'll go..

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 6
When I have a cold I just hear at my speakers.
Oh, rest a lot! Hope you'll get better
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Antihistimines can help unblock ears/sinuses for air travel, for example ... perhaps they might help as a short-term solution for a particular event. But there's no substitute for rest and healing. Sorry about your bad timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back