Listening to Men at Work- Business as usual ..it sounds soooo nice
Jul 26, 2004 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kunwar

1000+ Head-Fier
I am currently listening to this really old CD I picked up .
Manufactured in 1987.
the guy even had the receipt to prove that it was the genuine copy.
Anyhow, I am startinmg to wonder if the louder is better bug is hitting all big time studios.
This CD was mastered in the Infancy days of CD and yet it stilll sounds so musical so great.
The drums and guitars are marvellous.
Maybe there should be a system where we can petition the music industry to lay their dirty hands clear of recording engineers and let them do their job properly.
The number of crappy cd's around is becoming so great, I personally don't buy one unless the shop let's me try it out in their system or mine.

Just thought I'd put my rant here.
I have to say, if my favorite music ever went to vinyl I might be tempted to go to it.
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2004 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I love this album, I listened to it just last week.
My sister gave it to me on vinyl when it came out (still have it)
cool.gif
and I bought it on CD several years later.
"Touching the Untouchables" is my favorite, followed by "Catch a Star" and "People just like to play with words"...
Hehehe, I just found it on my computer and I'm playing it now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell my secretary I ain't taking any calls.....

Not many albums sound this basic and sweet.

Jul 26, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 5
I have that album on vinyl (originally issued in the US in 1982 as Columbia ARC 37978 in the mid-priced line, reissued after a few months in print as Columbia FC 37978 in the full-priced mainstream line). It is an analog recording, which was converted to digital before it was issued on CD in 1984. That initial CD issue (Columbia CK 37978) is still in print - one of the few 80s CD masterings that are still available today.

By the way, this thread belongs in the Music forum. I will move it there shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back