Listening to albums you own but don't listen to.
Oct 22, 2002 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

neil

500+ Head-Fier
I have a slew of albums I not only own, but carry around with me that I never pop in. So, today, is the day that I dedicate to listening to CDs you rarely if ever listen to.

So far, Creeper Lagoon (quite nice little rock album), Massive Attack Mezzanine -- an oldie but goodie -- loving it all over again.

By the way, try doing it front-to-back -- no hunting and pecking the favorite tracks!

Oct 22, 2002 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
Massive Attack Mezzanine -- an oldie but goodie -- loving it all over again.

By the way, try doing it front-to-back -- no hunting and pecking the favorite tracks!

Listening right now on your recommendation, neil....great stuff!

wink.gif

Oct 22, 2002 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 5
That's what I love about recorded music! Each time I listen to an album, new or old, it's a different experience.

Oct 23, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 5
I've got lots of albums I haven't listened to...or, listened to only once, that is. But I don't listen to any that I don't listen to, that sounds anachronistic. And I always try to stay away from anachronisms. Except when I'm staying away from generalizations, then I embrace anachronisms. Always. Well, almost always.

Oct 23, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Counting Crows - August and Everything After

i really don't have a clue why i rarely listened to this CD...i got it as a present AGES ago, and it wasn't until i listened to it in full about a week ago that i figured out how good it is. so i guess this doesn't exactly fit in this thread, but it's related.

Radiohead - Amnesiac

great album, but it's just too depressing to listen to on a regular basis. i pull it out from time to time when i'm feeling down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back