Listening through Smarphone: what do you do when someone calls you?
May 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SpyCam

New Head-Fier
Well, I am going to start listen to music via smartphone and full size headphones (without the microphone in them to answer calls), so i'm listening to music, some very good sounding moment, a culmination of a song and someone calls me...

I thought of 2 scenarios:
1. since music auto stops when there is a call, i unplug the headphone cable off the phone, take off the headphones and answer the call
2. since i already have the sound in headphones, i just take the phone closer to me to be able to use the microphone for talking

What do you usually do in such situation? Do you spill your coffee on your pants and your wireless shaver falls to the floor of your car when this happens?
L3000.gif

May 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 5
Just put phone closer to my mouth. Easiest otherwise you have to be quick to plug the headphones in after the call, as the music should resume.

May 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #3 of 5
I was also thinking of installing some automation app which could control some of the things like:
when i'm in headphone mode would close the music player app when there is an incoming call and it would also start a music app when the call is finished, this would not resume the music right after the call is finished

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 5
I was also thinking of installing some automation app which could control some of the things like:
when i'm in headphone mode would close the music player app when there is an incoming call and it would also start a music app when the call is finished, this would not resume the music right after the call is finished.

I'm using a SE Xperia X10, with Rockbox. It usually automatically resumes the song when the call has ended. Sometimes not, especially when the phone is locked immediately after the call ended, or not locked, but not returned to the application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back