Listening difference between Merlin and Miracle?
May 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #16 of 20
After reading through almost all the Merlin and Miracle threads over the weekend, I decided to go for a new pair of Merlin. I think the wider soundstage and the dynamic drivers of the Merlin won me over.

Another reason is the 60 days free remoulding service the Merlin offers, as there some posts on people have to send back their iem back to UM due to poor fitting.

Many thanks for all your replies especially to Poetik for the very informative reply, I found it very helpful and I hope it will help others in the further too.

May 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
After reading through almost all the Merlin and Miracle threads over the weekend, I decided to go for a new pair of Merlin. I think the wider soundstage and the dynamic drivers of the Merlin won me over.

Another reason is the 60 days free remoulding service the Merlin offers, as there some posts on people have to send back their iem back to UM due to poor fitting.

Many thanks for all your replies especially to Poetik for the very informative reply, I found it very helpful and I hope it will help others in the further too.

Great choice bro!

As a fellow former ie8 owner, I can tell you that you'll love the Merlins.  They are nearly the perfect upgrade option from the ie8's.

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Do let me know about the bass on the miracles, I'm curious to know whether they are bass light (comparitively to the SE535, or other IEMs/headphones you own)

Thanks

Hi. I've received my miracles now. They aren't bass light. The bass is more similar to the merlins than the se535. Both the merlin and the miracle's bass hit deeper with more of a thud and decay. The 535s have a sharper quality with less decay. Both the merlin and miracle have a little more bass quantity than the 535s too, but lower down. Miracle has more forward mids than the merlin. I did some tests with frequency sweeps and the merlin reaches the lowest with the miracles and the 535s about the same. Despite that the miracles feel like they have their bass emphasis lower down.

I'm not really good at describing stuff like this but that's the gist of it I think. 

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
Hi. I've received my miracles now. They aren't bass light. The bass is more similar to the merlins than the se535. Both the merlin and the miracle's bass hit deeper with more of a thud and decay. The 535s have a sharper quality with less decay. Both the merlin and miracle have a little more bass quantity than the 535s too, but lower down. Miracle has more forward mids than the merlin. I did some tests with frequency sweeps and the merlin reaches the lowest with the miracles and the 535s about the same. Despite that the miracles feel like they have their bass emphasis lower down.

I'm not really good at describing stuff like this but that's the gist of it I think. 

That was actually a very helpful description (from someone who was interested in both for a long time but didn't have the funds).

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

That was actually a very helpful description (from someone who was interested in both for a long time but didn't have the funds).

Yeh I was in the same position of not knowing which to choose. I chose the merlin initially then curiosity got the better of me and ordered the miracles. I think both are outstanding and I can't imagine being disappointed with either. I was actually anticipating getting buyers remorse with both but it never came lol.

Another thing to note is that merlin will sound weird for an hour then it transforms and the bass tightens up. Miracle sounds awesome straight away. Choosing between them would depend on what music you listen to but, since they're so similar in many respects, you can't make a bad choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back