"listening" chairs
Jul 7, 2004 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

poorimpulsectrl

100+ Head-Fier
I remember a while back there was a "post a pic of your listening setup" thread and someone put up theirs that many people liked - just a big comfy chair with their amp and headphones beside it.

What do you like to sit in when listening to music? I'm looking for ideas for a more comfortable setup for just sitting back and relaxing while listening to my headphones.

Jul 7, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 55
I don't have room for a big comfy chair.

But since I work at my computer and listen at the same time, I have to settle for my Aeron chair.
tongue.gif

Someday, I'll have room for a big comfy chair.

-Ed

Jul 7, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 55
I also have been looking for a good chair. I need to find something that is not too comfy though. When I listen and am too comfortable I fall asleep. It does not matter what time of the day or night. First I close my eyes to listen then I am gone. I now listen mainly while sitting on a love seat couch or in a big club chair I have. Both are too comfortable. Maybe after the Summer i will start looking again.

Jul 7, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 55
Edwood - this is kind of a loaded question given the typical fanfare for the Aeron by owners, but does your Aeron leave anything to be desired for a "big comfy chair"? Or does it suffice in both functions, as a work chair and something to relax in?

Then again I think I'd like something in a reclined position (i.e. the barcalounger lizzardfire mentioned). More comfortable than than a seated straight up work chair but less relaxed than lying down, specifically. Since I find when you lie down and listen to music, you get too relaxed, can't roll over with your headphones on and if you're using speakers probably can't be near the sweet spot that the speakers produce.

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 55
I was given a 20+ year old Barcalounger by my father-in-law about 2 years ago. Very comfortable and still solid after all these years, though its one of those chairs that does put me to sleep while I'm listening to my headphone rig.

Regards - reynman

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 55
I saw this the other day while thinking about this same question..
eek.gif

swivel%20armchair.jpg

The thought amused me...
icon10.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by poorimpulsectrl
Edwood - this is kind of a loaded question given the typical fanfare for the Aeron by owners, but does your Aeron leave anything to be desired for a "big comfy chair"? Or does it suffice in both functions, as a work chair and something to relax in?

Then again I think I'd like something in a reclined position (i.e. the barcalounger lizzardfire mentioned). More comfortable than than a seated straight up work chair but less relaxed than lying down, specifically. Since I find when you lie down and listen to music, you get too relaxed, can't roll over with your headphones on and if you're using speakers probably can't be near the sweet spot that the speakers produce.

I need to sit up straight when listening to my K1000's, but I can certainly lounge with my R10's.

I love my Aeron chair. It is an absolute necessity for me when sitting at my computer for long hours. No ass or back pains, also keeps the sweatiness in warm weather away.
biggrin.gif

It's more than comfy to relax in, I can recline a bit, and prop my arms up on the arm rest, but it's not a chair I'd want to sleep in. Although I can't particularly find any chair more comfortable than a bed.

Heheh, although much like John_jcb, I'd probably fall asleep too with a big comfy chair.

-Ed

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #12 of 55
I was thinking of looking in a secondhand shop for an old nicely broken in chair which I could have refurbished....but then I saw Spwal's avatar and now I can't bring myself to do it!!
lach_3.gif

No offense meant, Spwal. Your avatar doesn't bother me at all, really..
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back