Listening chair set up
Feb 27, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #16 of 18
lg_03.png

For $12,000 you might as well buy a Marantz NA7005, hook it up to your home ethernet, configure it to use your server, then run the Marantz remote app on a tablet.

Quite big for my small space, I'll make do with what I have and make it work. Thx for the advice

Feb 27, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 18
not sure if it suits your purpose, but i use neutron player on my android device(s) which gives access to my server on the home network

i then port the analogue out (flac) to a cmoy (altoids tin) amp and into my ath700's

so all you need is a phone, and maybe a cmoy, if you want better quality than an android will produce
http://www.lucidlaboratories.com/shop-1/cmoy-headphone-amplifier

not perfect, but very portable in the home... and will do fine till my ALO Pan Am arrives (maybe later today if i am lucky)

or get a dac/amp with optical in to use your computer, and use foobar as the interface, and your mouse as the remote

for my use, if i'm in the comfy chair then chances are i won't be changing songs often, i'll be album surfing... but ymmv

Feb 27, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #18 of 18
Quite big for my small space, I'll make do with what I have and make it work. Thx for the advice

There's a Musical Fidelity that's narrower in width and not that much deeper front to rear, but costs more than the Marantz.

Honestly if you can build your own server I'd just get a $100 Android miniPC and configure it to be controlled by a tablet but allowed network access to your network so you don't have to hook up an HDD via USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back