LISTEN TO THIS!! Amazing Holophonic Sound...
Jan 26, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 49
Am i the only one who found that to be relaxing?Or am i weird?
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 49
I've seen this before and every time I hear it I'm still amazed! Great effect, very cool.

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 49
Wow
etysmile.gif

maybe this is how music can be reproduced like during a concert..

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #20 of 49
Not the first time I have heard something like this. Nevertheless it is very cool and well recorded.

Jan 26, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #24 of 49
There's a dog growl at the beginning of one of the songs on Pearl Jam's Binaural that is a binaural recording, althoug not as cool as this one.

I did some binaural recording in college and for how easy it is to do you'd think more musicians would put some of that stuff on records. When you listen to it through speakers it pretty much translates as stereo so it wouldn't do any harm.

The easiest way to do it is get two lavalier mics and hang one from each ear. You can just have someone talk and walk around you and the shape of your head does the rest. This is what I did and when you listen back to it you can hear the person directly behind you. It can be real freaky.

As far as this match box thing, I sent it to a friend and she said, "I felt like someone was tickling my brain."

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #26 of 49
OH MY !

When I closed my eyes I was absolutely TERRIFIED! His breath and the matches oh my gosh, felt like a psycho walking around you and just waiting for the right moment to light your body on fire !

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #27 of 49
WOW. I've heard binaural before, but this is particularly great. Even knowing it was just the recording, I was still looking around the room in astonishment looking for the sound...
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #28 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Am i the only one who found that to be relaxing?Or am i weird?
tongue.gif

Haha me also, I got a nice relaxing sensation down my back.
If I were to guess how far away the matches were from the mic based on the sound, I would say about 2ft. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back